Spices

Spices

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Ground Turkey and Butternut Squash Soup

Ground White Turkey with Vegetables and Butternut Squash Soup

Cooked Ground Turkey Mixture Served with Cooked Brown Rice
Quick meal utilizing leftovers

How I prepared three meals from one main recipe and enjoyed every one of them!

On a cool, rainy day I decided to prepare my favorite fall soup recipe, Butternut Squash and Carrot Soup.
Here is the link to this recipe from my Blog:

Butternut Squash and Carrot Soup
(smooth, creamy and non-dairy)

Spices in my Butternut Squash and Carrot Soup

These Spices bring intense flavor and heat to the pureed soup.

With leftover soup for the next day, I wanted to prepare a hearty dinner using the leftover soup so I got the idea to cook some ground white meat turkey (can use ground beef instead if you choose), saute some onions, carrots, celery and red peppers making a larger amount of the mixture to serve to the family. The sauce, leftover cooked soup from the refrigerator, was added to the ground turkey mixture, warmed up with the ground turkey and vegetables. This mixture now became a thick, hearty, flavorful meal with very little effort during the cooking process.

Now with the larger amount of cooked, ground turkey mixture, I still had some for leftovers the next day and served this with a side dish of cooked brown rice. Yum!!!

How wonderful to use one soup recipe for three separate meals! A little creativity and having produce in the refrigerator and meat on hand in the freezer makes cooking at home enjoyable and rewarding. I might add the word "impressive" to those tasting these meals for the first time. 


2 comments:

  1. Hi there! Nice to see your blog pop up on my reader! You always have such healthy and 'clean' recipes - I appreciate that! Plus, I love squash. Very creative way to use the same recipe three ways.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tracy, Thank you for your kind words. I follow you too :)

      Delete